July 1, 2013
Dear Students, Parents, and Community,
The 2012 - 2013 school year officially begins on Thursday, August 1, 2013 with teachers returning to their schools for classroom preparation and professional development. Registration will be held on Monday, July 15, 2013, and Tuesday, July 16, 2013. The first day for students will be Wednesday, August 7, 2013. The District anticipates another exciting year for everyone.
Picayune School District’s Office of Federal Programs oversees the following federally funded programs:
· Title I, Part A, Improvement of Instruction,
· Title I, Part A, School Improvement,
· Title II, Part A, Professional Development and Class Size Reduction,
· Title II, Part D, Enhancement of Education Through Technology,
· Title III, Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students,
· Title VI, Rural and Low Income Schools,
· Title X, McKinney-Vento, Education of Homeless Students and Youth Program, and
· Private School Participation.
Funds generated by each of these programs are used to supplement programs and activities supported through local and state funds. Please contact my office at 601-798-3230, ext. 1015 with questions concerning these programs.
In addition, I would like to encourage all parents and the community to continue their support and involvement in all school programs and activities. Documentation of federally funded programs will be posted on the District’s webpage for future reference.
Federal Programs Director